Sunday, May 19, 2013

Jose Mourinho Has “Worst Season” Ever

Jose Mourinho pic via Steindy/Wikipedia.org


Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho described the past few months as the “worst season” of his career, after his team lost 2-1 in the Copa del Rey final against local rivals Atletico Madrid.
Goals from Diego Costa and Cristiano Ronaldo had the sides level at the end of normal time, but Miranda’s extra-time goal handed Atletico their first win over Real for 14 years.
Mourinho was banished from the technical area during normal time, and Madrid’s problems got worse when Ronaldo was sent off in the 114th minute. The defeat meant Real finished the campaign without a trophy, leaving Mourinho to make the comment about it being his worst ever season.
Despite the growing rumours linking Mourinho with a return to Chelsea, he said that he would not be commenting until he met with the club president Florentino Perez at the end of the season:
“I have a contract here for three more years. I still haven’t sat down with the president to talk about the future.”
“I failed this season,” he added. “I think it’s normal in my first season that we won the cup – a cup the club had not won in 20 years – reached the semi-final of the Champions League, fought virtually to the end for a league that they (Barcelona) won year after year… the team everyone said was the best in the world.
“My second season was not a failure because we won the league against the best team in the world and got to the Champions League semi-final and lost on penalties, and I’m sorry, because I can’t take penalties.
“The third season is a failure. This is the worst season of my life. For many coaches it would be good, but for me it’s terrible. I had never finished a season without one of the important trophies. The Supercopa does not satisfy me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment